It's been a while since I've posted anything on
here...woops. My life lately has been super crazy, and when life gets crazy
somethings just get pushed to the sidelines, like blogging, or calling to talk
to friends on the phone...sometimes I feel like I never leave my desk because I
have so much homework.
But for right now, it looks like this week is going to be
somewhat easy. I only have one exam, which is tomorrow so the rest of the week
should be semi-sort of easy. And it helps that we have Friday off, meaning I
only have 4 full school days ahead of me before I get to go home for 4 whole
nights. I'm so excited for Easter break because I get to see tons of family
members I haven't seen in ages, including my new baby cousin Cole who I've only
gotten to meet once. And of course I get to see all my lovely friends, Annie,
Nikki, Rachel, and Em who I love dearly and always get excited about seeing.
The past week and a half or so has been a constant roller
coaster of emotions. It's been a hard 9 or so days, but it's been so good at
the same time. There's been so much going on that I feel like I haven't really
had the chance to come up for air in ages.
Other then the homework in the past two weeks I've had to
figure out how to deal with a situation with my mom, deal with being deeply
hurt by someone I love dearly and having to learn how to forgive her, watching
my grandma fall apart because her dearest friend is dying, having a friend in
the hospital, learning my grandpa has to have surgery, coming to terms with the
fact that Woody is going to be an RA next year and I'm not, and just a bunch of
little things that have been knocking the wind right out of me again and again.
It may not seem like a lot, but to me, it was enough to easily overwhelm me.
In the midst of everything going on, I've been very hurt by people who I wouldn't expect to hurt me. Walls that were torn down piece by piece have been thrown back up, not likely to come back down anytime soon. But while those walls have gone back up, other walls have come falling down.
![]() |
| WhiteSand Images |
These girls have been a huge reason why I've gotten through the last 2 weeks as easily as I have. About 2 weeks ago Laura talked to me about some things and then a couple days after that I opened up to her for the first time all year, and after that God did some amazing things in me and the next thing I know I was opening up with Becca too. Whatever walls I had with them came to the ground in a matter of hours. We've had some amazing talks about life, about God, and just have had major bonding time. And it's been so good. They've held me while I've cried and been crazy insane to make me laugh. I am so incredibly grateful for them and the amazing women of God that they are.
While I'm talking about my roommates, I might as well say that they've been listening to these two songs like crazy lately, and I've gotten rather addicted. (There's a story behind the first song that I'll have to share sometime) They're awesome songs to dance to or just put on to put you in a FANTASTIC mood (like I'm in right now)
Silly, but funny and fun. Laura's made a habit out of dancing and singing along to both of these songs and I cannot keep myself from laughing when she does. Oh silly girl.
Summary of this blog post? Life gets overwhelming sometimes. People are gonna hurt and break you. But life is really good and if you're lucky, you'll have awesome people (roommates) who put you back together and make you laugh so hard that no sound comes out of your mouth.




No comments:
Post a Comment