Just a note to say, I really love notes. I love writing them. I love getting them. I love them in general.
For those of you who know me at all, you know that I'm a note writer. I write notes all the time. (If I'm aware you're having a hard time, or you have a big test, or you're crazy stressed, chances are, you'll get a note). I write them whenever I feel like it really. Sometimes to encourage people in specific ways, other times just to let people know they are loved and appreciated. I've written notes for people since I can remember, it's just one of my "things".
People who know me well also know that while I adore writing notes, I also love getting them. It's kind of my weakness. (whenever I get a man, he better write me some cute cards...and I'm holding you all responsible to make sure he does k? okay just kidding. kind of.) I still have almost all of the notes I can remember ever being given. I have a box of notes people have written me in my closet here at Trinity, as well has boxes at home. I have notes tacked up on the back of my desk that I can see every day. I just love notes.
So today I've been feeling kind of sick and lousy. I've been in pretty good spirits for the most part, but about an hour ago I just started feeling sucky and tired. I decided to take a 5 minute power nap (okay 15 minutes) and when I woke up and opened the door, there was a note with my name on it hanging there. My whole day was made as I read over the cute encouraging card a friend down the hall had written me. And it put me in such a good mood all over again.
Learn to love and find joy in the little things because sometimes, it's the little things that make such a huge difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment