Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful

I have come to realize something this week. I do not spend enough time being thankful for everything I have. Really, when was the last time I sat down and wrote out a list of things I was thankful for? I'm just going to share a few things that I've been especially thankful for this past week.

First of all, I am so, so thankful for the all powerful, amazing, awesome, mighty, loving, caring, firm, gentle, incredible God we have. God did some powerful things in my life this weekend/week. He broke me,  and is now putting me back together in ways I would have never thought possible.


I am so thankful for Lette. I know I mentioned her in my last blog post, but she's going to get mentioned again just because I am so thankful for her.

Lette has been such a blessing and encouragement to my heart these past few weeks, but this week especially. I've really been able to open up and let her into some of the hardest and darkest parts of my life and have learned to trust her completely. That's pretty big for me...It usually takes me much much longer to open up about anything, but especially some of what I've been able to share with her this week. It just goes to show that God is using her in my life right now. And it's so true. She's been such an incredible blessing to me. I really don't know what I would have done without her this week. God has blessed me so much by putting her in my life and has really helped me be able to open up with her. And I feel like I really can open up with her because I know she wont judge me. She really has a way of seriously caring for people without ever judging them, which is such a blessing. She's so loving and encouraging. I only hope I will be able to encourage her too. 


I am thankful for these 4 girls.


They constantly fill my life with love, laughter and joy and I am so thankful for each and every one of their friendships. My life would so not be there same without them. I am so grateful that I was able to develop strong friendships freshman year, because this year would be way harder without them!

I am super, super thankful for this building.

Living in Tibstra Hall is such a huge blessing. While I hate living in a different building then my 4 girls pictured above, I am so thankful for Tibstra.  It's just such a fantastic place to live. This past week we had several building events that turned out great and I love the community that Tibstra is. Lette said it's like a neighborhood where all the families know eachother, and it's so true. It's great.

I am thankful for this girl-
This is Alyssa, and she is another one of those people God is really using in my life right now. She is so kind and sweet and just genuinely cares for others. Alyssa and I are a lot alike in many ways, including that we both just like taking care of other people and don't necessarily always like being taken care of. But because of that we are good friends for eachother, because I think we force the other to accept help sometimes. It's been really awesome to watch our friendship start growing these past weeks.

I'm thankful for Outcry and the blessing it is to be able to worship together with other believers every week. It's such an amazing time and i love feeling God's presence there.

I'm thankful for the beautiful colors on the trees and the coolness of fall. Fall is my favorite season, and I am welcoming it with open arms.

I'm thankful for teacher who is allowing me to teacher aid in her classroom.

I'm thankful for the students I am getting to work with.

I am thankful that I can sit here and write this blog.

There is so much to be thankful for. I have so many more things I would write about if I had time. I challenge you to spend some time just thinking about how blessed you are. You'll be amazed, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment