Thursday, November 21, 2013

"Her hair is up....RUNN"

For those of you who know me well, you know that I never put my hair up unless I am unbelievably desperate. If you want to know why I always have my hair down, ask Alyssa Slinkman. Somehow, with this, she can explain my thought process better than I can. 

So today, I was getting to the point where I was on the verge of breaking. And the hair went up.

My roommates were warned at the beginning of the year that if my hair is up I am unbelievably stressed and they should probably just avoid me until it comes back down. This morning, within ten minutes of putting my hair up, Megan walked into the living room and exclaimed, "Oh no! Your hair is up!" and quickly exited the room.

Ten minutes later, Melissa walked in, saw my hair, looked at me wide eyed, and after a moment exclaimed, "RUUUUNNNN!" Somehow, I think she knew I needed that. Because after I went into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Melissa is really good at getting me out of a funk, without even knowing it. That girl is a blessing, for sure. 



These last two weeks have been incredibly challenging...I have been stretched, I've been broken, I've been bruised, I've fallen and failed, and then been challenged to get back up. Right now I have a lot of people depending on me to be the strong one and in a lot of ways that is so good for me. It forces me to be collected and it forces me to get back up when I fall. But sometimes, it is really hard to be the one that needs to be strong. Because then you aren't supported. And sometimes you need support too. 

But I am thankful for those who have made life a little easier.

I'm thankful for Chase, who somehow knows when I just need him to sit on my lap and cuddle with me.



I'm thankful for Azariyah and Lenora, who filled my heart with joy on Tuesday night. 


I'm thankful for Caroline, who let me sit at desk and chat with her on Tuesday night.



I'm thankful for Kara, who knows me so well she knows when something is wrong with one look at me. 



I'm thankful for Molly, who lets me come and sit at desk with her without making me talk to her about what's going on.

And I'm thankful for Roch, who picks on me in the most inappropriate ways in the most inappropriately perfect times.



And I'm thankful for this kid, who never fails to make me laugh when I need it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment