This year has brought many joys, many challenges, many heartaches, and many blessings. When I look back on this past year I can't help thinking about all the changes that occurred..some good, some bad. All according to God's plan.
Some of the major changes:
- My roommates: I went from rooming with Laura, Becca, Ashley, and KP to rooming with Melissa, Megan, Kylie, and Brittany. This change was heartbreaking back in March when I first found out about it (you can read about that here), but as it turns out, God had a plan. Melissa and Megan have been SO good for me. They love me exactly the way I am and allow me to be myself in a way I can't explain. Melissa brings out my crazy side, which few people can do. Megan helps to keep me calm and in focus. And they both make me laugh like crazy
- As a side note, I am still friends with Laura, Becca, Ashley, and Kp. We often have coffee dates and I am SO blessed by the times I get to share with them. They still hold incredibly special places in my heart and I don't know where I would be without them.
- My church: Since being at Liberty is often more painful than it should be, I have switched to Bethel Church in Crown Point. Since June I have only been to Liberty twice- both in this past month. I just can't worship at Liberty like I used to and so making the switch to Bethel was a refreshing one. I love Bethel- the worship, the sermons, and the people are so genuine and real that it leaves me feeling like I am closer to the Lord. I love it. My family is planning on making the switch over to Bethel next summer- I've just taken one step ahead of them.
- My family: This year has been a huge year of change for my family. We "lost" a member, but we also gained two new members:
- Anna- this girl is a blessing....(read more about Anna's transition into our family here) Our relationship is different than it was over the summer, and we don't talk or get together anywhere near as much as we used too...but I am still thankful for her and for the blessing she is.
- Molly- Molly fits in with our family in a way that few others do. She seems like she's been around forever, even though it's really only officially been 3 months. I am thankful for her and am enjoying getting to know her.
- Myself- I think in the past few months I have seen a change in myself that has been the most sincere and real change that I've experienced since my junior year of high school. I'm happy. I'm growing. I'm flourishing. I'm conquering. I'm thriving. and even though life has taken its shots at me, I'm still here and am not about to let life keep me down. This is a huge change from last year at this time...when I really just wanted to give up.
I am thankful for this year. And I am so excited for next year. Here's to continuing to grow and fall more in love with life and more importantly with the Lord.
Deuces 2013. It's been good.
No comments:
Post a Comment