In these last few weeks my family has experienced a lot of bonding time that really has brought us so much closer together. One thing we did together last week was take a day to go up to the beach in New Buffalo, MI, where we always go at least once a summer. For whatever reason this beach has become one of our favorite places to go as a family.
It's always great to go and get away for an afternoon...it feels like a mini vacation, even though we really are only an hour from home.
And while I'm talking about my family, I might as well mention that the Lucas family has basically adopted Anna as the 6th member of our family.
Anna is Woody and Max's trainer and has literally become a part of our family. She's around a lot and has definitely grabbed hold of all of our hearts. If you know my family at all, you probably know that we try to make our home as open to people as possible. If you are our friend, chances are we just consider you family. My mom and dad really tried to make our home a safe haven for everyone and it really has become the place where people hang out and I absolutely love that. I love that our home is a place where there are always people- always friends- always "family". But I'm also usually glad when people leave and it's the five of us again. With Anna, it's a little different. I can honestly say that with her around our family feels the more complete when it does when she's not around. It's so strange- it's almost like she's filling a hole that we all subconsciously realized existed, but never really understood why. I think it is partly due to that when Lauryn lived with us we adapted to six instead of five and that became our new "normal." When she left she left a gap in the family that has been "filled" with so many people over the years, but never filled completely. Now it almost feels like it is filled completely, if that makes any sense at all.
| Better as 4 then as 3 |
Anna is one of those people I never want to leave and there are very few people I can say that of...actually, I can only think of one other person I could say that of. And it's also strange because I'm not super close with her (yet), but it still feels right when she's with our family. It's not something I can explain exactly- but I think right now I am just very grateful for Anna and the blessing she is.
| Max says Anna fits right in line with the pigment theory.. (We always say that each kid got a lighter skin tone..I'm naturally the darkest skinned, then Woody, and finally Max.) |
- I finished work last week! Working with Jenna overall was a fantastic experience that I am so thankful I was able to have. Was it exhausting in every sense of the word? Yes. Was it all worth it? Yes. I grew to love that beautiful young lady and am thankful that I had the opportunity to be here friend and show her the love of Christ this summer.
| Last day together |
- I'm starting my college packing adventures! I'm moving back a bit early so I can be there to help Kara with Chase while she wraps up RA training and helps move people in during the actual move-in days, so I've started getting things together. Somehow my stuff ended up all over the house over the summer so I've been having fun collecting it and starting to pack up.
- I got the chance to hang out with Nikki once more before she left for Ball-State. I am so thankful for Nikki's constant friendship and I so wish I would have gotten to spend more time with her this summer. But I am so thankful for our times together.
- Max and I are continuing to bond and grow together this summer- which is just so awesome. I love him and am so blessed to have him as a brother. We've been doing this thing lately which he calls "honesty hour" where we basically just tell each other what's on our hearts that particular evening. I am shocked at how much I have learned about my brother in these talks...and how much he's learned about me. It's weird to think of Max as a young adult with whom I can have serious conversations. I am thankful that our sibling-relationship is blooming into a beautiful friendship again.
Well, I am off to babysit two of the cutest kiddos ever. I hope that you are all doing well and are enjoying, loving, and cherishing family, friends, and life. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment