Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Student Teaching at Elim

My dear friends...

It has been such a long time since I have posted anything on this blog. I have had many blogs in my mind that I have had a desire to write, however, the timing just has not worked out.

Now I am finally having time to write. I'm sitting in my basement, curled up on the futon, my dog next to me and both of my brothers across from me. We are all writing...all drinking coffee. It is a beautiful thing.

Anyways...

This post has been a long time coming. 


Some of you may remember that back in early September I wrote a post about student-teaching. I was so beyond excited to share with you that I am going to be completing the last seven weeks of my student teaching at Elim Christian School, which is where I one day hope to work as a special education teacher (you can view that post here). At the time, I did not think that the situation could get any better. 

As it turns out, I was wrong. Because about a month ago I found out that not only am I going to be completing my student teaching at Elim, but that I am not going to be completing student teaching there alone.



My dear friend Kari is going to be completing her student teaching right there with me.

Yeah, you bet there were a few tears the day I found that out. 

In this past year Kari has become one of my dearest friends. Since we became friends last January her friendship and presence in my life has continued to encourage and bless me. She is easily one of the most genuine, selfless, and caring friends I have ever had and through many a late night conversations, coffee dates, trips to Lake Katherine, and other heart-to-hearts, she has become one of the people in my life that I trust completely. 

Last January, we had the opportunity to be partners for science club. We spent one day a week teaching together at an after-school program at a Christian school near Trinity. It was through this experience that Kari and I first really started to become friends.






Then over the summer, Kari came and spent almost every Tuesday night at Trinity. She had college small group on Tuesday nights and then work at Elim the next morning, so it just made sense for her to sleep over. These nights often held truth filled heart-to-hearts about God and just about life in general. Those conversations were often welcomed and needed each week and I was challenged to grow more in my own faith because of them. 





This semester our friendship has continued to grow. Our love for Elim and the students there is just one of the reasons why. 

Our friendship has definitely been a blessing in my life this year and I hope and pray that in the upcoming months that the Lord continues to work through this friendship and be glorified through it.  There is no one I would rather be completing student teaching at Elim with and I cannot wait to see what this next adventure holds for us. It seems only fitting that we ended last year teaching together and now we are ending our senior year the same way. 

How blessed am I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment