Sunday, September 18, 2011

Be still and know.

Psalm 46:10- Be still and know that I am God.

Psalm 55:22- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you

Psalm 147:5-Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
 
 
Today these three verses have brought me much comfort. When I am confused, God understands. When I am frustrated, God sustains. When I don’t know what to do, God knows. When I think the situation is hopeless, God encourages.

Today I was faced with a strange realization, and a weird situation. I came out of it upset, a little bit angry and definitely confused. I sat down a bit defeated, feeling like the situation was just to weird for me to handle. I reached for my Bible, still laying on my desk from church. I flipped it open to the first page where I have all my favorite verses written, and in the list of them, these three stuck out. I prayed and asked God to give me peace, and calm my heart, and He did. And He reminded me that no matter what kind of situation I’m in, He is always there with me, and that ultimately He is always in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment