I absolutely love college- the people, the classes(for the most part) and yeah. Overall I think I have adjusted really well. I have made tons of new friends, joined a couple clubs, had terrible food every single day. For the most part everything about college has been amazing. There’s been a few misunderstands and such, but nothing that a little bit of prayer couldn’t solve. We’ve been here for 3 days short of a month- you start to get to really know people. What they like, dislike, if they’re quiet or loud, and sometimes you get to have really deep conversations that just amaze you. College is amazing.
But the past three days I’ve really been struggling. Trying to keep up with homework while studying for a test I thought was going to kill me(it ended up being super easy), trying to keep up with my relationship with God, with my friends at other colleges and home. I was really homesick, just wanting to go back. But then last night we had Outcry. For those of you who went to nationals, it’s kind of like the worship/singing part of the sessions, but maybe a little tiny bit quieter. But it’s usually an incredibly sweet time. And last night I really felt connected with God and it was just what I needed at the time. We sang some of my favorite songs, one of which was Stronger. I came back feeling refreshed, and content with life.
But then today was again frustrating. I didn’t do as well on a paper as I wanted, and math class was…well. Math class. Over the morning and early afternoon it just seemed like every little thing was going wrong. I ended up having to go outside for a little while to study, just because I needed to be alone and to pray. Once I decided it was much to cold to be outside, I ended up in my friends room. I vented for a few minutes, we talked, then we sat down and did homework. For almost 2 hours I sat on the floor, getting some homework done, but most of the time was spent laughing, talking, and determining the best way to get onto her bed. It was just what I needed to relax, and by the time I left my view of the entire day had changed. It became a good day instead of a frustrating one.
As I was thinking about how in a few hours my view on the day I had changed, that song Stronger started playing in my head. It was just a good reminder that God is stronger then I am. He holds my hand and helps me along this path of life. And He sends amazing friends to encourage me when I‘m sad. How blessed we are to have a God who cares so much about us individually.
No beginning and no end
You're my hope and my defense
You came to seek and save the lost
You paid it all upon the cross
You are stronger! You are stronger!
Sin is broken
You have saved me
It is written
Christ is risen
Jesus You are Lord of all
So let Your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher be lifted higher
So let Your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher be lifted higher
So let Your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher be lifted higher
No comments:
Post a Comment