Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Life Update

I know, I know, I know, it's been way to long since I've written a blog and I am like 8 days behind in my photo challenge. Woops. Sometimes life takes over with all its craziness and things like blogging get pushed aside. So here's an update on how things have been going in the life of Emily Lucas.


Last week was basically spent working or preparing for the freaking awesome party I had planned. Let me give a bit of a recap.


Since Rachel is going away for the summer :( we had to do something special and fun for our last get together. So with the help of my parental units, we planned a night of fun that included a photo scavenger hunt, charades, and 3 water games. Unfortunately, it happened to be rather cold that night, so the water games didn't happen, but ill save them for another day. The photo scavenger hunt however was a success and I think everyone had fun.












These are some of my favorite pictures from the photo hunt. 

That whole evening was a blast. Then on Thursday I officially started my babysitting job that I have for the month of June. I basically just get to spend time with my favorite little kids, Jack and Ava Grace.



I mean, basically the best job I could have gotten for now. Sadly, it only lasts for a month. Then I'm back to plan A- find a job. 

I've also been battling my normal sickness as well as a terrible cold that has lasted for over two weeks now. I don't remember what it feels like to not have a stuffy nose, sore throat, and cough.    My immune system has basically just quit on me. Yucky.

But, because I've been sick, Ive read a ton of books. Its so nice to be able to sit and read again, because during college I never got to just sit in read. I think I've finished 5 books already this summer, and I'm reading two more currently.

I've also rediscovered my love for Little House on the Prairie. I used to watch it all the time as a kid, and I read the Little House books like crazy. The first season had just started the week I got home from Trinity, so I've been watching a lot of that while I've been sick. I think my family is getting sick of it, but there are so many episodes I just never remember watching when I was little. So it's been fun to watch them over again. I feel like I'm reliving my childhood. 



I've also gotten to spend good bonding time with my little bro, which has been much needed. Max is kinda like my own personal.....I don't even know. He makes me feel so much better. I come home from work and he puts me in a good mood. He takes care of me when I don't fee well and always has my back when I dont feel up to doing a job when mom or dad tells me to do it. He is constantly making me laugh and giving me hugs, and we play games and watch late night tv shows together, and yeah. People think that my relationship with him is weird because we are so freakishly close. But the way I see it, God has blessed me with an incredible little brother who I love dearly and has caused our sibling relationship to run deep. 




Well. that's all for now. Ill update the photo blog challenge later tonight. 


Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment