Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Do you ever have those days or weeks where you realize just how much someone means to you? Whether it's a significant other, family member, or just a close friend? Do you have those moments where you just suddenly stop and think about how lucky you are to have such a person in your life? 



I'm having one of those weeks this week. Maybe because my two best friends are going to college next week. Maybe because I've just love spending time with them this past week. I don't know what's caused it exactly, all I know is it's been one of those weeks that I've realized how truly blessed I am to have such amazing people in my life.

But today in particular I've been extremely thankful for this girl:


For those of you who don't know her, this is Emily Koontz. If you don't know her, you've surely heard me talk about her.

Emily has been in my life basically since I can really remember well. We've known each other for some 5 or 6 years (we figured this out recently)  and I certainly cannot picture my life without her now.

Emily is seriously one of the most amazing girls I know. She's kind, funny, loyal, crazy, energetic, loving, and about a million other things. 



She has been a constant encouragement to me since we became friends. Never has there been a time where she's not been the best friend she could have been. She's always been there for me. She's always there to make me smile, laugh, talk, eat, or be serious when I need to be. I told someone recently Emily is kind of like part of my foundation- she helps me keep standing strong when I'm ready to fall down. 



She's also basically one of the cutest things ever, I mean, just look at her! :)

This week I've read alot through old diaries and stuff and looked through tons of old pictures, and I've realized just how special Emily is to me. Not that I haven't realized it before, because I have. Sometimes these things just hit you. From doing the plays together, to talking about boys..(well, she's listened while I've talked about my current crush and she's dealt with my crappy boyfriend choices in the past... I deserve a slap for that one), to swimming, camping, soccer (I've watched she's played) we've supported eachother and our friendship is just one of those I feel so blessed to have. 

God has seriously given me one of the best friends in the world. Emily is an amazing woman of God who encourages me in my walk with Him and in my life in general. I only hope I can be as a good of a friend to her as she's been to me...She's set the standard pretty freaking high! 





I am so blessed. Period. End of story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment