Sunday, August 26, 2012

LOTR

The kind of friend I strive to be.



I remember when I first watched the Lord of the Rings movies years and years ago I used to sit and wish I could be like Sam. Since then I've always tried to strive to be as great of a friend to my friends, especially those I feel I'm closest with, as Sam is to Frodo. Sam's love for Frodo and his loyalty to him is so incredible. We've been watching these movies again as a family this week and it was a good reminder for me. Be a good friend. I know there are times I fail miserably, but striving to be a good friend like this is a pretty good goal. Be positive. Love eachother. Our world would be a different place if everyone had a Sam. I've started up this page on Twitter this week, and it has seriously changed my whole outlook on life. The page is for people who struggle with certain things, and just this week I've talked to almost 30 girls and have reached over 100. So many of the girls I'm hearing from have been betrayed by their "best friend" or are bullied in school and at home, and are just depressed and hurting so deeply. I found myself thinking today what if they had a Sam. Better yet, what if they had God? I'm slowly working in my faith into my message and what I'm telling these girls. I'm hoping that they can find their "Sam" in God. I know so far at least one of the girls has accepted Christ and is spending time reading the bible online each day instead of dealing with her depression and pain in other ways. That's so cool. God changes lives. Just like He changed mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment