Sunday, September 2, 2012

Move in, 1st week back at Trinity

Well ya'll, I'm back in the 708. This first week back at Trinity has been totally amazing, overwhelming, and so much more. Things are definitely already proving to be different this year-   different dorm, new people, new classes, and this semester will be a challenge, but in a good way I think. It's been good in the sense that I'm having fun being back with my girls but hard in the sense I've had to adjust to having people here that I struggle with having here, and sometimes adjusting hurts. But I'll talk about that in a few minutes. Before I get there, let me show you around my dorm. 


Our bedroom

My bed is the bottom one

my closet on the left and Ashley is on the right


can you guess which desk is mine?

our bathroom that is already eating things.So far i've lost a pair of earrings and my hairbrush. Which gives
me the excuse to loudly sing "Oh where is my hairbrush" every morning and annoy my roommates

our kitchen



roomies

Our room is huge and I love the fact that we now have 1) a microwave in our kitchen and 2) couches. There is something so awesome about being able to come in exhausted from rollerblading or from classes and just being able to plop down on the couch. It's so homey. 

Things are going pretty okay with the 5 of us. We have a new roommate, Ashley, and she fits right on in with us and it almost feels like she's never not been around. It's been hard at times and I've been worried that things are going to end up like the end of last year, but I've really just been trying to trust God with the whole thing and I've been spending as much time with them as I can and trying to deepen the relationships...Hopefully things will go well this year.

Classes are going well so far. This semester I feel like I'm a little in over my head. I'm taking 18 credits, which is normal, but all of my classes are super, super, super hard and come with a ton of work. I'm taking a technology in education class that is a class that tends to cause panic attacks, late night freak outs, and tears. (I haven't experienced it personally, but I've watched and seen girls who have taken it before me beat themselves up about this class) It's a ton of projects and work and I don't mind that too much, but I am worried about being able to keep up with it. I'm taking a intro to special ed class that already has me pulling my hair out. The prof in unorganized, and didn't even give us a syllabus to see when assignments are due and things like that. I think I'll like the class itself because I'm excited to learn about something that's actually in my major, but I am so not the type of person that does well when she doesn't know what's expected of her and what's due when. My philosophy class is going to be boring, but everyone that goes to Trinity who knows about that prof would agree. OH! And I'm taking sign language, which going into I had absolutely no idea how hard and how much work it would be. Learning a language in a semester is going to be so difficult, especially because I have to basically re learn how to speak. (Did you know that the deaf culture uses their eyes in order to show all kinds of things? neither did i.  Did you know American Sign Language is the third most widely used language in the United States? neither did I. ) But while yes it's going to be crazy, I am so excited! I have always wanted to learn sign, so this is perfect! 

Along with managing classes and roommates, I've also had to start to learn to adjust to having my brother's girlfriend here at Trinity with us this year. And I know it shouldn't be a problem, but I've actually had a really, really hard time with it. I feel like she's in my space, doing what I should be doing, hanging out with my friends, and I know it's kind of stupid, but I'm afraid people are going to like her more then they like me so I get really insecure about the whole thing. And she doesn't exactly help when she comments on my clothes, my looks, how I should be better then I am in some areas of my life that I happen to be struggling with right now. I feel like I'm in a constant competition with her here, and I hate that. I know it's a problem, but I just don't know how to change it.  I dont even know. It's hard for me to see people get annoyed with me, but then be fine with her. It's hard for me to let her in to this part of my life. It's something I've been struggling with and praying through with God, but that doesn't make it easy. 

But it's been fantastic being back with my girls. I didn't realize how much I missed Brittany, Abbey, Kaity, Cassandra, and Lori until we were all back together again. They fill my life with fun, laughter, craziness, love, and so much more. Each one of them is very special to me and I am so grateful God has blessed me with such amazing friends.

Well, that's about all that's going on here...I'll update more someday soon

No comments:

Post a Comment