Last week was the amazing Caroline's 20th birthday! Yippeee! Hours were spent planning, kindnapping, decorating, and celebrating her wonderfulness.
| Here she is with her blindfold on |
| Group of girls celebrating at The Plush Horse |
It was a fun filled 3 days of prep and celebrating. I can honestly say I think we really succeeded in surprising her and making her feel special for her 20th! She is so special herself and she definitely deserved a day to be spoiled and loved on because she loves on us so much and does so much for me and all of her girls.
After that, there was the constant homework that attacked me. I have several huge projects due this week, so that's been a bit stressful. Trying to figure out how to manage my time wisely has been a struggle for me so far this semester.
I think the biggest struggle this past week has just been keeping my emotions in check. Everything has been so up in the air and crazy- my roommate is "going out" with the guy liked for the past 9 months- people have turned out to be different then I thought they were, feelings have been hurt, things said and done, and it's just been crazy roller coaster ride that I am more then ready to get off of. The bad part about this is I've pushed it all aside and haven't dealt with it like I should have. I really didn't even realize how poorly I was doing until talking with my family. Without even realizing it until days later, I had entered into survival mode..which scares me because it's just the beginning of the year.
Through it all though, I've also had the chance to really open up and talk about stuff with this amazing girl:

This is my RA, Lette. She is seriously one of the kindest, sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. The love she has for God and her heart for Him is so evident in her life and the love she has for us girls is incredible. She is kind of like wonderwoman on steroids. She always has time for her girls and never makes us feel like we're not wanted even when she has tons of things she needs to be doing. She has been such an encouragement to me basically since we've been here. We had our first real conversation at desk one night and we just talked about God and life and classes and our families and just got to know eachother a little bit, which was so cool. That conversation was quickly followed by another, and another, and it's been so awesome to get to spend time with her. She's always there for us girls and she's been there for me to run to so many times already. She's such a blessing and God is really using her in my life.She also has set an example not just for me but also for all the girls on our floor. She leads our floor Bible Study, which we've only had twice, but it's already incredible. I think God is going to do great things through this Bible Study. We're working through the book of Colossians, and one of the things Lette had us do was (she handed us printed out copies of Colossians 1) and she had us read through it together as a group, but then individually and underline and write all over the paper our thoughts, things that stuck out to us, and more. And then we shared some of those things. It was awesome. God is so good.
I feel like there's alot more I could update on, but sadly I have homework to do and almost 4 hours of class still to go tonight. I've also been told my blog posts are too long, so I'm gonna work on writing shorter posts. Love to all. Till next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment