Wednesday, May 21, 2014

RA Life

Monday morning, I checked in students for 3 hours. Monday afternoon, I checked in students for 2 hours. I jumped around, took keys, gave out new keys, talked with parents, navigated testy waves between 2 roommates, moved a couch, and delivered cookies. 

Tuesday, I spent the day hanging up hall decorations, making door decs now that rooms have officially been decided, and spent time wandering around visiting residents.

You would not believe how long it took me to make 16 of these.







Today, I had quality roommate bonding time and my first official floor event. 


Frozen!
They were VERY excited about the movie. 3 of the girls had not seen it before!

Tonight as I ran down the hall yelling "Come watch Frozen and eat brownies", I pushed myself out of my comfort zone. I was obnoxious and outgoing. This job gives me the excuse to do that without making a fool of myself.

I loved every minute of it.

Maybe I'll get used to this whole RA thing after all. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for taking on this role. I know that you will be such a blessing to these girls. I pray that this summer goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete