I haven’t posted in a while, but I promise I’m going to try and post more often.
College life for the most part has been incredible. I love it here. I love my friends, my roommates, my classes, my campus… not so much the food, but everything else is going amazing. I’ve found a good group of friends whom I love dearly, and am involved in yearbook which basically means I get to take pictures and get paid for it(!!!) and sign club which I do with one of my best friends here.
But this past week has probably been the most difficult week of my first semester at Trinity. I had 3 tests, 3 papers, and a presentation all from Monday-Thursday. By the time Thursday’s classes rolled around I was completely drained. Monday was probably the best day, there’s nothing better then getting out of class early. And I had a whole new level of excitement when my new camera arrived. I just about had a heart attack I was so excited. Tuesday was a long tiring day. I had my Theology test which went surprisingly well. But it seemed like the day never ended. Wednesday was the killer. I had my math test- which I did very poorly on. My brain seemed to completely blank out by the time I got to the last page of the test. I left the classroom frustrated, disappointed, and sad. For the rest of the day bad things just kept happening. I dropped my favorite mug and broke it, my computer completely died and I could not figure out how to get it to turn back on, our room was a disaster which stressed me out, and it just seemed like I couldn’t catch a break. Finally I just said a simple, “God help me get through this day.” prayer and it was then I realized that in the midst of an incredibly busy, stressful week, I hadn’t once prayed and asked God to help get me through. As I thought about this more and more I remembered a conversation I had had with one of my dearest friends not a week ago about how we both were struggling in our walks with God and how we should start some sort of Bible Study and help hold each other accountable. I picked up my phone and texted her asking if we could have a hallway chat, which has become one of my favorite things to do, and asked more specifically if we could read our Bibles and spend time talking about God. She readily agreed and several hours later we were sitting in the hallway with devotionals, bibles, pillows and blankets, bread and nutella. The best part about it though was that it wasn’t just us. We had told a few other girls what we were doing and before we knew it there was six of us all sitting in the middle of the Stark hallway ready to talk about Jesus.
And that’s what we did. We sat in the hallway for a little over an hour reading out of Shma’s devotional and my copy of “The 21 Most Encouraging Promises of the Bible.” We talked about our lives, and talked about how sometimes it’s really hard to know what God’s plan is, and even harder when we have to wait for Him to reveal it to us. The whole night was awesome. We all were able to share our joys and struggles and talk openly and be real. It was amazing. Afterwards we each shared a prayer request and spent a while praying over each other. It was fantastic and super encouraging. We also decided that we are going to do this weekly, so the Hallway Bible Study has been created. I’m so looking forward to next week.
Anyways. I made it through the week, though it’s probably been the hardest week of being at Trinity so far. I think that Bible Study was a huge part of it, as well as getting to spend time with God and my family yesterday. I also had a conversation with one of my dearest friends and was able to let out all my frustration and bottled up emotions from this week. Sometime’s it’s healthy to just let yourself go. And I felt so much better afterwards. And this next week is already looking like it’s going to be an amazing week.
This week I am incredibly thankful for a God who loves me, for the Hallway Bible Study, and my best friends. And to sum up everything…
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment