I'm sick again.
No beating around the bush. That's just how it is.
And this is not what I need right before finals week. It's just not.
My nightmares have come back with a vengeance. "Lately I've been having nightmares where I'm cut into so many pieces there's not enough of me to put back together."
I need sleep. Nightmares are not what I need right before finals week when I need to be getting sleep.
I'm more homesick right now then I've ever been.
Also not what I need right before finals week.
But still, even though I'm saying "God, this is not what I need right now." He keeps saying, "yes it is."
Why? I have no idea. Why now? God's timing is not our own.
So here's my encouragement to you right now.
Maybe you're not getting enough sleep.
Maybe you're homesick.
Maybe you have to get a good grade on that test.
Maybe you have friends who are hurting.
Maybe you feel like you don't have room to breathe.
Maybe you feel like God isnt there.
Maybe you feel like you're never going to make it through this next week.
You are. I am. And God won't ever give us more then we can take.
So don't you give up. Keep working. Keep striving. Keep up the fight. We're almost there.
Earlier last week I had a bit of a breakdown. More then a bit actually. I was tired. I was angry. I was confused. I pulled my roommate outside with me and as we talked she looked at me and said very firmly, "you know things are going to get better? you know that right?" I just shook my head at her.
I had it wrong. Because the truth is it is going to get better. It may get harder first and it may be a difficult week. But we keep pressing on. If there's something I've learned about life its this: it goes on. Just because I'm struggling to have a positive attitude today doesn't mean it couldn't turn out to be a great night. I just have to keep going. Keep moving. Only 6 more days till I never have to worry about math again. I can do it.
And so can you.







No comments:
Post a Comment