Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Freshmen Year/ Adjusting to life back home

Well. I did it. I'm officially a sophomore in college (holy crap). 
Freshmen year was absolutely amazing and so far exceeded all my hopes and expectations. I made some amazingly amazing friends who I miss terribly already and am already excited about seeing again.

My roommates are basically amazing and I love them to death. Although we had our ups and downs over the past few months I love them dearly and would do anything for them. Laura kept me going on the days I didn't want to keep going. She constantly made me laugh and I knew if I ever needed her she would be there for me. She was the one I found during outcry when I was a crying mess and she was the one crying on the floor laughing with me while looking up Helen Keller jokes (which our other roommates...didnt appreciate like we did). Becca also was an encouragement to me and I think I had more talks about God with her then anyone else. She makes me laugh and she has a great heart for the Lord. And of course we have KP, who wasn't technically my roommate, but basically lived in our room (enough so that my RA counted her in    all our floor events, dinners, and even on our finals board). She's small and funny and she can make me laugh harder then most people. I'm excited to actually have her as a roommate my sophomore year.



Kaity and Cassandra were my first real friends at Trinity. Cassandra and I were buddies literally from day one when we met in FYF. I knew right away that I would be friends with her, and it turns out she is one of my dearest friends. Kaity and I also hit it off almost immediately and I seriously cannot picture Trinity without her. She was the one I would run to whenever I needed a laugh and her sweetness amazes me. I don't know what I would have done without her. So many of my favorite college memories happened with her around and I'm sure many many more will be made in the future. 


Rachel, Brittany, and Abby also played a huge role in making freshmen year as amazing as it was. These 3 girls had a knack for always taking me by surprise, and I think I spent as much time with them as I did my own roommates towards the end of the year. Abby and I suffered through English Lit together which obviously made us friends. Brittany was always there to give hugs and smiles, and back scratches :). I love these girls. I'll probably be sleeping in their room alot sophomore year ;)


 Lori and Caroline...I think it's fair to say I spent more time in Lori's room then I did anyone else's, except maybe Kaity. It's funny to think that when I first met her during first semester I was beyond scared of her, and saying a few words in front of her I considered an accomplishment. She ended up being one of my closest friends and I love her dearly. I think we are a lot a like in some ways and we both share a passion for children and both plan on being teachers. She also helped me conquer my hear of heights as I spent many hours on her bunk bed. I miss this girl like 
crazy already and have a hard time thinking about the fact that she is a year older then me and won't be around my senior year. And Caroline brought a piece of home to Trinity and having her around made Trinity feel more like home, especially during first semester. And I know that if I ever needed her, she would have been there. 






I loved my first year at Trinity. There are very very few things I would have changed about it. I miss everyone already and am excited to go back. But for now I am enjoying a break from classes and the stress that comes with them.

However adjusting to life back home hasn't exactly been easy, though it's gone pretty okay. I love my family. They're awesome. My youngest brother, Max, and I get along so well it's insane. I'm probably closest with him out of all my family and being back with him is wonderful. My dad and I, though we don't agree on everything, get along super well and respect each other and have a great relationship. My mom and I on the other hand have always struggled and it's looking like this summer isn't going to get much better. I can never seem to shake the feeling that she is trying to control me, and she has a way of saying things and twisting them that drives me crazy sometimes. But I love her, and I plan on trying to make our relationship better over this summer (some times I am more positive about this plan then other times) But we've already had fun as a family playing games and hanging out. Max and I have played Just Dance 3 for hours this week and have had a blast. 

Probably the hardest change from living at college to coming back and living at home is the rules. At school, Woody and I follow our own schedules, make our own decisions, and are very much living on our own. But coming back it was quite clear that my parents are very much trying to control us with their rules, and it hasn't seemed to change much from last year. For the most part, I don't care. I don't  stay out super late unless I'm spending the night somewhere. Woody has a harder time then I do with that because he feels like my parents very much are overstepping their boundaries. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out once his girlfriend comes home. I have a feeling we'll end up talking with my parents about the situation sometime in the near future. 

Being back with my friends though is quite possibly the best part of being home so far. Sunday night I got to spend time with our youth group, and Annie, Nikki and Rachel.  It was a blast. I didn't realize how much I missed them until we were running around the yard chasing each other, and then running away from my brother pretending to be a possessed bunny. It was so much fun and I love those girls sooo much! I was officially excited for summer after Sunday night. Nikki and I have already hung out and Emily gets back tonight so I get to see her. Summer is going to be great.







No comments:

Post a Comment