Today, I realized how lucky I was.
I went to drop off Em's birthday gift today, and also to say goodbye as we are both leaving to go back to college shortly. I gave her the gift, caught her up on the most recent events of my life since I saw her yesterday, hugged her goodbye, and then pulled out of the driveway. It was then I was hit with a feeling I'm often hit with when I spend sweet time with my best friend.
I am so lucky.
I am so, so lucky to have Emily as my best friend. She is my other half and she brings so much joy and laughter into my life. She has always been there for me- through the good times and the bad- and has never once given up on me. She's there for me to call whenever I need her, she's there to laugh with me about silly things, she's there to talk seriously if I need to talk, she's there to tease me about a crush, she's there knowing when something is wrong even if no one else does. She's my best friend. I wish everyone had a friend like her, because I bet their lives would be seriously changed if they did. Em is one of the greatest, most loyal, beautiful inside and out people I have ever met and I am so lucky and thankful to call her my best friend.
So thanks Em. :) I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment