Monday, January 14, 2013

Yesterday

Yesterday my younger brother and I were involved in a pretty awful car accident. (Actually, it could have been waaaay worse, but for me, it was awful.) I'll spare you all the details, but there were four cars and a large patch of black ice  involved. All cars were decently damaged. Everyone miraculously made it out without being seriously hurt. Cops and ambulances were called. Basically what happened was: Car 1 hit black ice and swerved into the middle of the road. Car 2 slammed on it's breaks and swerved into the other side of the road, basically making a road block. Car 3 (me) tried to get out of the way but ended up hitting Car 2. Car 4 came and hit me in the side/back. When the cops got there they said they didn't know how my car did not flip into the ditch. 

God's protection was definitely over Max and I last night. It was so scary and I am so thankful that God protected us. I think I handled everything well overall; it really did not set in until my dad dropped me off at Trinity and I went into Tib and saw Lette. That was the first time what happened fully hit me, and the first time I cried. Today I have been okay- shaken up a bit at moments, and definitely very sore. But I am so thankful that Max and I are both safe. I can't stop thanking and praising God for that. God is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment