My interim class has been a bit of a let down. While my eyes have been opened to many issues concerning people with disabilities, the class is not at all what I was expecting. Going into the class I was under the impression that we would actually be going out and doing disability ministry and working with people with disabilities. But instead we just sit and listen to lecture for 3 hours. Some of them have been really good; we have watched a ton of excellent videos like this one on Down Syndrome and this one about siblings of students with special needs. But I was really hoping to get out and actually be working to serve people with disabilities, and we only got that opportunity once. In my mind, we would have learned a lot more working alongside people with disabilities than we learned doing hours and hours of reading and homework.
But besides the class, interim break has been super relaxing and fun. I have hung out with my lovely Kaity a ton, which is nice because I missed her a ton over break. We spent countless hours laughing at the most ridiculous things, falling asleep to movies, having lunch/dinner dates, going shopping, and just spending time together. I am so thankful for that girl :)
I have spent time with the roomies and we've had lots of roommate bonding and good conversations, which was also a great way to start off the new school year.
Basically my mornings were spent by myself in the room. Usually I would wake up and walk around Lake Katherine, then come back and spend an hour or so reading my Bible and drinking coffee. I really love having the mornings to myself, just to spend time with God and relax. I'm definitely going to miss that once the semester starts.
Some things I have been blessed by in particular this interim:
1) Lette. Not that this one is surprising to anyone. Lette has already been encouraging to me this year, and the official semester has not even started yet. The past few days especially I have had the chance to spend a lot of good quality time with her and I have so enjoyed it and getting to know her a little bit more. On Friday we went to Lake Katherine and got coffee and then hung out in her room for little bit, and then yesterday I went to visit her when she got back from her retreat and we talked for a bit then I did homework in there while she worked on a project. So just little things we've done together that have been such a blessing.
![]() |
| Lette and I at open mic night last week |
2) Kara. Kara is my residence hall director. She is one of the most loving, caring, nonjudgmental people I have ever met. Our friendship started developing before Christmas break and is continuing to grow and I am very thankful for her and the love and support she shows to me and all of the rest of our building. She also has an adorable little baby boy, Chase, who I love to go in and play with whenever I have the chance.
![]() |
I feel like there is so much more I could say, but I have to go get ready for class. Last day of interim? I think so!!! Yes! Love to all!





No comments:
Post a Comment