Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sytsma

Well folks, it's a new year!

These past two weeks at home have been such an incredible blessing, for so many reasons. They were relaxing and very much needed.

Grandpa is home and doing well- he seems and acts almost just like his normal self, which makes treating him like normal easier. He starts radiation next week- so please, please keep him in your prayers. Also, my grandma is having knee replacement surgery on Monday, so pray for her too. The two of them really need God's healing hand to come upon them. 

But by far the highlight of my Christmas break was this past 9 days because the Sytsma family came to visit us.


All of us kids..Woody, Max, Me, Madeline, Eli, Liam, and Millie
The Sytsma family has been such a blessing to me in my life. They are all wonderful, wonderful people. Mr Ben still scares me, but I realized while they were visiting he isn't quite as scary as I remember. Mrs. Kary is one amazing woman- I've always looked up to her and I was so grateful to get to spend some time with her and talk with her a bit while they were visiting. Madeline Tate is one incredible young lady. She is tall and gorgeous, and has one of the sweetest and kindest hearts ever. She loves the Lord with all her heart and has a real desire to get to know him more and more. She has turned into a beautiful young lady, and I am so blessed to know her. Eli is one hilarious ball of fun. He's 12, crazy, sensitive, and all together just a cool kid. He was constantly making me laugh and smile and I am already missing his positive attitude around the house. Liam is 9 and is one of the most genuine kids I have ever met. He is all boy- into guns, outdoors, hunting, you get the picture. But he is also incredibly sweet. He was way more attached to me this year then in previous years- he was kind of like Max was a year ago in 9 year old form. And then of course, there is Millie. Millie just brings a joy to my soul that no one else can bring. She is my best friend, my cuddle buddy, my movie date, my partner in crime, my little sis, my little sidekick. We were practically insperable when she was here- attached at the hip wherever we went. People who haven't seen us together or heard our story and why we are so close think my relationship with her is weird, seeing that I am almost 20 and she's 8. The best way I can explain is that she is just like my little sister. You can read more about my relationship with Millie here....it might explain things a little better.

My whole family grew closer by having the Sytsma family here. We spent a lot of time together all of us kids, and it was so cool to see old friendships continue as if they had never moved. The boys really love Max, and Millie loves me. Madeline loves hanging out with the boys and girls- she's happy with either. 

I think one of the coolest things was also seeing how Max changed while the Sytsma's were here...I don't know if I can describe it. It was almost as if my Max, or the little kid Max, came back. He was talking and laughing more, playing around with the boys in the basement, spending time with the family and just being really involved and it was just so cool. I saw more of Max, physically as well as just like the Max I remember and know, then I have in a very long time. And it just brought joy to my soul. Coming home has been really hard for me lately, as most of you know that's largely due to my relationship with Max. But this break has given me hope- and I am so excited to see how our friendship continues to grow and heal in these next months. He's such a cool little brother. I've missed him a lot.

The day the Systma's left was emotional, but it went well because we all knew we will be seeing eachother in March, which made saying goodbye a lot easier. My family is actually going to spend 5 days there, which I'm super excited about! 


drop dead gorgeous Madeline


Handsome Elijah Lane

Stud muffin Liam


Cutie pie Millie May
These people have stolen my heart. I love them all so much, and honestly, they are more then family then a lot of other people. I am missing them already. 





No comments:

Post a Comment