Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Prayers Appreciated

Hello you all...

Tonight, I want to ask you all to pray for me in the next few days. This week work has been especially difficult and while I thought I was prepared- I wasn't. I knew this week was going to be hard because of being off last week. I knew that Jenna would probably be extra whiny and unwilling to cooperate because we were out of routine and off her schedule. I was right- but didn't know how right. This week has already pushed me in ways I didn't know I could be pushed and multiple times I have found myself in tears during the day- not just in the car when I leave. I still love working with Jenna- but it is hard, stressful, and emotionally and physically exhausting. It is good preparation though for teaching and I am learning sooo much about Jenna and special education in general. 

I think next week will be better. Jenna will be back into her routine and we will be back on our schedule. It's just making it through the next two days to get there that is going to be difficult.

I am blessed to be working with Jenna this summer. I have been given the unique opportunity to work with and love a girl who desperately longs for her world to make sense and who desperately needs to be loved. 

So tonight, I would like to ask you to pray for us this week. Pray for me to have patience. Pray for Jenna to be responsive. Pray things get back to "normal" quickly. I think we both really, really need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment