Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thankful

Just a few things I've found myself thankful for today:
  • I am thankful for Max, who never ceases to make me laugh, pick on me when I need to feel loved, and who is too intuitive for his own good. Max and I have spent a lot of time together this past week because in those days when I was so sick he spent a lot of time upstairs with me- taking care of me or being there if I needed something..and of course watching Harry Potter. I am so beyond blessed to have Max as a brother and I am so thankful for the relationship and friendship we have. 
  • I am thankful for my dog, who is always excited to see me, who loves me unconditionally  and who keeps me warm at night when I'm freezing my butt off. 
  • I'm thankful for family getaways and relaxing times together. This weekend we went to Indy for my cousin's wedding and spent a night in a hotel- something we haven't done in years. It was a blast.
  • I'm thankful for my dear friends from Trinity- specifically today Kaity and Alyssa who are constant reminders that I am not alone and that I am loved.
  • I'm thankful for the hammock that I can go out and lay in and read my Bible.
  • I'm thankful that Emily comes home in a few days. I might just cry when I see her.
  • I'm thankful for Millie and the lightness and joy she brings to my life.
  • I'm thankful that I'm house/kid sitting for the Frigo's today and tomorrow, so I'm getting to spend hours and hours with Jacob. 
  • Really...I'm just..thankful.
God has so greatly blessed me. Sometimes when I'm sad, sick, tired, or just down, I go back in my journal and read over my list of blessings and things I'm thankful for. In a way- it makes everything better. There are so many little blessings and things we just don't take the time to notice or realize that they really are indeed blessings and gifts from God:
  • the smell of fresh cut grass
  • the birds chirping as the sun rises
  • the hugs that we get from our family members
  • the laughter that is shared between friends
They all gifts from God- blessings from our Lord and Savior. 

Next Sunday, a week from today, I am going to write a post called "100 blessings from God." This is something I would really challenge you to do as well.  Take 5 minutes at the end of each day this week and just write down as many things as you can that you saw as blessings from God that day- they can be as big or as small as you like. I've done this a few times in the past and it is really powerful. We are so blessed and we sometimes don't even take the time to see it. I am so thankful for the little blessings God gives us. And the one I am noticing right now? The smell of fresh coffee in the coffee pot. 

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you Emily! You are precious. I love you!

    ReplyDelete