Probably one of the most joyous moments of this week was when I walked out of my friend Lori's room to see Lette sitting at her kitchen table. Tears filled my eyes as I ran to hug her and joy filled my heart as I realized, "she's here..really here." I saw Lette when she first got back from Ecuador, but only for a short time before leaving for Christmas break. So to see her and to realize that we wouldn't be saying goodbye for some time as the most wonderful feeling. I love having her back here.
The beginning of this week was both exciting and challenging. I spent a TON of time with Chase on Tuesday and Wednesday (probably somewhere around 15 hours total). It was wonderful- but exhausting. He was really not feeling well on Wednesday, which basically meant all he wanted was to be held- by me. He didn't want anything to do with anyone else, except Kara once she came back.
![]() |
| This picture basically sums up our day. |
Some of the more exciting moments of this week:
- Tea with Lette. She came over on Tuesday night for a few hours and we just sat and drank tea, somewhat caught up on life, looked through Ecuador pictures, and just enjoyed being together. I am SO happy she is back. Sometimes it still amazes me that she's right down the hall. :) Anyways, these two hours together were precious, and it was sooooo wonderful to be able to spend that time with her.
- Coffee with Kaity. On Wednesday morning Kaity and I went to the Panini XpressO coffee house right down the road from Trinity and enjoyed time together, with no homework to do and no distractions. It was pure bliss. We planned set times we can see each other each week throughout the semester, drank wonderful coffee, and she celebrated with me a mini personal victory (I take the mini victories for everything they are these days).
- Classes starting. I know, a weird highlight. But having all of the education majors back together again was fabulous. We definitely have a core group- Kari, Kathryn, Brie, Jaclyn, Jessica, Alyssa, and myself, and it was WONDERFUL to be together again. That's why classes were exciting. I'm already seeing how relationships this semester are going to be grown and shaped, and that also excites me.
I've also gotten to spend some pretty quality time with Caroline and Lori, which is really really exciting for me. We really haven't done anything but hang out and chat about the most random things, but it's wonderful to spend time around them again.
And now I am off to do homework. Because reality has started setting in, and I have a WHOLE lot to do. Yay!
Until next time.
And now I am off to do homework. Because reality has started setting in, and I have a WHOLE lot to do. Yay!
Until next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment