Monday, March 25, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge....Here we go!

It's no secret I am horrible at blogging. So to get in some practice, I'm starting a 30 day blog challenge that I am challenging myself to keep up with! Along with that I will share the highs/lows of my day. Highs and lows is something we often do on my hall, and it has become one of my favorite things to ask someone about.

Here are the days:


1. Intro and recent photo
2. Favorite 5 blogs.
3. Best advice you ever received.
4. Your current 10 favorite songs .
5. Share: old photos of you/family.
6. Your favorite childhood book.
7. 3 things- 2 true, 1 false
8. Your middle name and how you feel about it.
9. Your favorite season and why.
10. 10 likes and dislikes.
11. 5 places you want to visit.
12. What is your favorite quote and why?
13. Discuss your current relationship status.
14. Where do you want to be ten years from now?
15. Who are your role models and why?
16. A picture that makes you smile and why.
17. Nicknames you have and why you have them.
18. Your top 3 baby girl names and your top 3 favorite baby boy names.
19. What is something that means a lot to you?
20. Do you have any birthmarks? Tattoos? Cool scars? Piercings? 
21. If you could spend 15 minutes with any celebrity who would it be and why?
22. Write about the best, worst, or most awkward date you have ever been on.
23. What are your three biggest pet peeves?
24. If you were famous for one thing what would it be?
25. A picture of someone you would do anything for.
26. Something you are proud of.
27. A photo from your birthday.
28. Your favorite Disney movie.
29. Your celebrity crush.
30. Best thing about your day.

And we are off with day one!

Intro- I feel like this almost is not needed because I just told you why I wanted to do this blog challenge. :) 

Recent picture....



One of my roommates, aka Katie Pollema, left the windows open when she left for spring break. It was literally an ice cube when we got back. Frozen water in the sink, toilet  tub....we all slept with 5+ blankets, hats, and gloves. The only good thing that came out of that was that we had great roommate bonding because we all stayed super close to each other to help keep warm. We also took a bunch of silly pictures.





Highs and lows of the day.

Low of the day- Last night was really tough for me because I realized more how much I am going to miss Laura, Becca, and Katie next year. These girls are my sisters, and being away from them is going to be way harder then I can imagine. I love our random picture taking events, or making fun of Katie, or hearing one of them sing at the top of her lungs in the shower. I love watching Once Upon a Time with them and laughing till we cry or scream at the tv. I love having amazing conversations about God with them and listening to worship music on Sunday mornings while we all get ready for church. My heart is hurting right now, and while I am doing better with this then I was last week, I don't really know if the hurting will ever completely go away...more it might just become more of a numbness. I think part of the reason I am so sad is because I don't really think they will try to keep up a relationship with me next year unless I really really push for it. I am just praying God has his will....but also praying that his will is for us to remain close.

High of the day- Do I have to name just one?

  • Coffee with Aletta Jean. Lette and I got coffee at the BBC this afternoon and just kind of caught up on life. I heard lots about her spring break and told her about mine too. Lette is one of those people I just absolutely love spending quality time with. Her heart is so sweet and gentle and she genuinely cares for people without ever judging them. 
  • Talking with Kara. I had the chance to spend about a half-hour with Kara this afternoon, just the two of us. No baby Chase to distract us this time. It was wonderful to be able to catch up with her and talk with her for a bit.
  • Dinner with Kaity-  I feel like every time Kaity and I hang out we end up laughing so hard we cry at least once if not twice- tonight was no exception.
  • Cancelled night class, need I say more?

Well, I think that is it for tonight. I hope you all had a lovely and blessed day.

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment