Topic: 5 Favorite Blogs
Hmmmm.....I read so many blogs, narrowing down my favorites was not an easy task! So here are some of my favorite/most read blogs.
One blog I faithfully check every day is kept my one of my beautiful friends, Lori. Her blog is called Lori's Life and currently has an adorable little background that has hearts on the top. Lori and I became friends my freshman year at Trinity and she has been a wonderful and amazing friend. I so enjoy her, our coffee dates, our random fits of laughter, and sitting by her in one of our classes. I wish I could see more of her, but it does make the time we do get to spend together special.
The second blog I probably read the most is Enjoying the Small Things, which is kept by Kelle Hampton. This blog is probably one of the most beautiful and honest blogs I have ever read. Kelle has two daughter, Lainey and Nella, and one son who is only a few weeks old, Dash. I have never met this family, but discovered the blog after reading this wonderful book called Bloom. You see, Nella has Down Syndrome, and Bloom is all about her birth and how having a child with Down Syndrome has affected and blessed their family.
Since we are already talking about blogs that deal with children with disabilities, another blog I am an avid reader of is Life As We Know It. This blog is about little Kennedy, who is another little girl with Down Syndrome. She is two years old and perhaps the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love this blog and it has been so cool to follow along as Kennedy has grown up and learned so much!
And because I am a dork I follow one of my professors blogs, called Book Commericals. I love reading about the books he has been reading, mainly because I know if he says a book is good, it will be. So I have read probably 10 books all recommended by him in the past semester.
Finally....I don't think I can pick just one more blog because I really don't know what it would be. I read a handful of blogs that are kept by people at school. I read a blog kept from a friend back home. I read a handful of blogs that are about children with disabilities and I also read a handful of blogs that are kept by special education teachers. While these are not read every day, I do like to keep up with them as much as possible.
Highs and Lows of the day:
Well, I am writing this blog in the middle of the day, so I cannot say for absolute sure what the high and low of the day are, but I would say the low of the day was finding out, rather awkwardly, from a friend that she is moving in with my current roommates next year. I was completely shocked and a little sad. I am happy for her- my roommates are fantastic. But I feel like I should have found out about that from my roommates, not her.
High of my day- I don't think it has happened yet. In about an hour the kids from Roseland will be on campus, and I am nearly 100000% positive that that will be the high of my day. It's been quite a while since I've seen the kids since we had spring break, so I am super super pumped. Stay tuned for pictures :)
-Em
No comments:
Post a Comment