Saturday, August 17, 2013

Thankful

Yesterday was quite possibly one of my favorite days of this entire summer.

It started out with Max and I taking a road trip to South Bend where we spent the better part of the day hanging out with Lydia, Emy, and Jp. 


We had a blast with them! We made these cardboard houses that I often made with Jenna and let them paint them and decorate them with pom-poms and buttons. They thought it was the coolest thing ever and worked so hard on their houses.

It was also fun to spend such a great chunk of time with Max. The ride took us over an hour one way, so we got to spend a lot of time talking, laughing, singing our hearts out and car dancing. The nice thing about driving on the toll road is you really don't have to pay too much attention cuz there is NO ONE out there. So we just had fun and made ourselves look like idiots to the people who did happen to drive by us.

Then we came home around 4 and I left almost immediately to go hang out and spend the afternoon with Anna. We grabbed coffee and then went and walked around Lake George. There's something about walking around lakes that always makes me spill my guts. Okay, or maybe it's the people I am walking around the lakes with. Anna and I shared our testimonies with each other and then just spent some time talking about God and how He is working in our lives. It was a very sweet time together. While we were down by the lake I took her through all the significant parts of down town Hobart...I showed her the house where we used to live, the alley we used to spend so much time playing in, the center street studio theatre where I performed in several shows and talent shows, etc. Anna then went to soccer practice and then came back to my house for a movie night/ sleepover. It was so beyond wonderful :) I wish I would have started to get to know Anna sooner. I kept thinking about how lonely I was in the beginning/middle of the summer and how nice it would have been to have her around then. But, I am thankful for God's timing and the way He orders things and I am thankful for the times we have together now. She is definitely becoming one of my favorite people- and I'm thankful that God has put her in the arms of my family to embrace and love her. She really is just like our sister in many ways. And she gives great hugs. (You don't realize how much you need hugs until you go most of the summer without getting them from anyone but your brother...moral of the story? Go give someone a hug. Preferably not a stranger- that might be awkward. But someone you love or just want to let know that you care about them.)


Mooovie night! Love these two
Words cannot describe how blessed I am feeling today. I am going to miss my family so much when I leave in a week. Best to not think about that yet. 

1 comment:

  1. I know, and I am so excited to return to my Trin family! And tackle you into one of the biggest hugs you can imagine :)

    ReplyDelete