I feel almost like a freshmen again. I'll explain that more in depth later.
I moved back to Trinity early on Sunday. I was greeted instantly by lots of smiling faces, hugs, and by a baby boy who I missed terribly over the summer who happened to start reaching for me and laughing as soon as he saw me. I was able to introduce Anna to some of my favorite people- Lette and Kara especially- and my heart rejoiced as I saw Lette and Kara get to know the girl I am now calling my sister. (By the way, all of my roommates but one fully believe Anna is actually my sister...I love it!)
And then came the unloading of the car and moving of the furniture. We super suited the back rooms, meaning all the beds are in one room and all the desk are in another. It turned out really cute and I'll post pictures of it later on.
Then we went grocery shopping and loaded up the fridge. We had to take two cars and Anna and I went together and were able to have some QTT(that means quality time together) alone, which was needed and appreciated.
| so attractive. |
I think part of it was because for that past week I had been away from Anna and Max hardly at all. We were almost constantly together and our times had been filled with good conversations and lots of laughter. I came back into my room and the utter silence was just so freaking loud. The first thing I did was pull out my ipod dock so I could play a cd that Anna had given me earlier in the week. And you should probably listen to this song.
I think another part of it was because I really didn't know what the next days would hold. Last year I knew my roommates. I knew we got along. I knew we loved each other and things were comfortable. Moving back in with them just felt like home again. This year I didn't have that comfort, which made it way harder to leave the family I did know.
Either way, it is safe to say it was a rough night. I cried off and on till past 11 as I unpacked and began to get settled down into the place that is slowly becoming my new home away from home.
Monday was a bit easier and I give all the credit to baby Chase. I moved in on Sunday because Kara specifically asked me to come back to keep an eye on Chase on Monday during the official move-in-day. So from 8:30am-4:30pm I played with that precious baby boy and my heart was full of joy as I laughed with him and cuddled with him.
| I mean really, with that face around who could have a rough day? |
Then Monday night I got to spend some QT with my dear friend Lori, which was so great and comforting. We really just hung out and talked, caught up on what had been going on in each other's lives, watched some funny YouTube videos, laughed at pinterest pins, and enjoyed each other's company. It was wonderful. I am thankful for the friend I have in Lori and am excited to get to spend more time with her this year.
Yesterday morning I had the wonderful opportunity to spend some time with Lette. We went to Lake Katherine and walked around and just caught up on life and talked about the second half of our summers and spent some time marveling at how good our God is. It was SO good for my heart and mind. I am so incredibly thankful for Lette and the amazingly beautiful friendship we share.
Then I hung out with baby Chase again for a few hours before running some errands and spending time getting to know my roommates who had been working on moving in. If you want to know how that situation is going, ask me about it in person. I would love to tell you about it.
And then came last night. Last night about 40 people gathered around Lette in Tib lobby and prayed over her as she got ready to leave to go home and prepare to head to Ecuador. It was crazy emotional. I'm pretty sure almost everyone cried at least a little bit. It didn't really hit me until half way through the prayer time and when it did it wasn't pretty. But, I know this: God is going to use Lette in INCREDIBLE ways in Ecuador. She has been such an incredible blessing to me and to this campus and now God has called her there for a semester to show the light of Christ to the people there. Lette loves like no one I have ever seen and her beautiful soul is such a magnificent light for Christ and an encouragement to all those she comes in contact with. And while I am going to miss her like crazy, I know that God's plan for her right now is for her to be in Ecuador serving and loving there. And she will do amazing things there through him. I am confident of that. I pray that He comforts her heart and mind and draws near to hear as she gets ready to leave for this next adventure He has in store for her. And I am already eagerly awaiting her return to us in December.
Classes start today and I have ALL science/math classes, which makes me want to 1) cry and 2) throw up. Which I did this morning. I'm taking both physics and biology this semester and if you know me at all you probably know how much I despise math and science. I have already been praying for my attitude towards these classes and will definitely continue to pray that God provides me with the understanding I need to make it through these next 3 months of only math and science 3 days a week.
I think that's all I have to say for now..but I'll post back later after classes have started and I'm finished with my first day. :)
Love to all.
Emily,
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful for the time we spent together Monday night. I am also thrilled that we are living on the same floor, so we can hopefully spend much more together than we did last year. I know those science classes can be intimidating, but you are going to do great! :)