Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Quick Updates:

Here's just a short update on how things are going.


  • Roommates- I am excited to get to know these girls. I know I was put with them for a specific reason even if that is just to love them and show them Christ. So here I am. It hasn't been easy. But my prayer right now is that I show them the love of Christ above all else.
  • Classes- In full swing and crazy! I ended up signing up for 7 classes, accidentally, so I'm taking more credits then I think I probably should be taking right now. Oops. Needless to say I spent a solid eight hours on homework Saturday and I am still not even close to being done! But I think I will like all my classes but one, so for now that is encouraging.
  • Baby Chase- I haven't officially started watching him regularly yet, but Kara has my schedule and should be letting me know what days/times she wants me babysitting on a regular basis. I am excited to get to spend time with the little man. Something I am struggling with when it comes to Kara and Chase is that I really want Kara to know that I don't just come see her so I can see Chase- I want to spend time with her.  I don't know that she realizes that, so I've made it a goal of mine to make it clear. That's another topic though.
  • Roseland- STARTS TODAY!!!!!! Can I say I am flipping excited? I cannot wait to be back with all of my kiddos! I might cry. I've missed them so much! And like I said a few months ago I am taking a leadership position with Roseland this year and am actually going to be driving vans and getting paid for what I am doing. I found out this week that I am actually splitting the position with another girl, which initially really frustrated me. I think I felt like I had earned the work study position because last year I was so committed to going to Roseland for 9 hours every week and working there with the kids and so when Kara told me the position was split between me and a girl who didn't go much last year, I felt a little...I don't want to say betrayed, but definitely disappointed and frustrated. But then I just sat back and realized I have never gone to Roseland because I look at it as a job or as a way to make money. I go because I love the kids. I go because I want to share Christ with them. I go because I was called there. So does it matter if I'm getting paid? No. I'm doing what I love and what the Lord has called me to do. And that's what matters.
I hope everyone is well and that you are all feeling surrounded by Christ and his incredible love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment