This morning at 6am I was on my couch sobbing. I felt alone and scared, and wanted nothing more then to be back home.
And so I prayed. I prayed that the Lord would come and comfort me and I prayed He would remove the lies I was hearing from my head. Lies such as:
- You are alone
- You are not loved here
- You are not cared about
- You are not important
and so on. I wrote in my last blog post I was struggling with feeling alone. I was struggling with feeling like I wasn't loved or wanted. I knew those were lies from the enemy and so I prayed that the Lord would show me that and that I would have the energy and that He would give me the ability to make sure the enemy knows he has no power over me or in my life.
The Lord answered my prayers in ways I can't even explain.
First, around 5pm I received a text message from Kara inviting me down to her apartment to spend time with her while she made dinner for the RAs for their staff meeting at 6:30. Not a text to come help with Chase, but to come down and hang out. At the time I got the text I was hurting, a lot. Wanting to be home, wanting to be with my family, just hurting. And so the timing was perfect, but then again the Lord's timing always is, and so I went down to her apartment.
And it was wonderful.
I sat on the floor and played with Chase for a while, but spent a lot of time just talking with her, asking her questions such as "what's your favorite bible verse?" and what not. Just spending time visiting with her....which was absolutely fantastic. Then I got to help her make dinner, meaning, I basically just stood by her stirring the eggs as she flipped french toast and Chase played in the hallway with a few of his friends from 2nd Tib. Let me tell you, there is something particularly special about working alongside someone. It makes things comfortable and easy, and I loved getting to spend that time with her.
I think it meant the most though that she invited me down. She took the time to text me and made sure I knew I was wanted down there and then welcomed me in and spent time pouring into me and making me feel very loved and cared about. I left there with a renewed sense of energy.
Then I hung out with Becca. We made cookies and just spent time laughing, talking, catching up and having fun. It was so good to talk with her and hear about how her heart is and how her classes are, her internship, and just her life in general. It was so good. And surprisingly not that hard. I loved that she took time out of her crazy insane schedule to hang out with me, and it meant so much to me and encouraged my heart. Stay tuned for pictures :)
Basically, the Lord showed me tonight how I am truly loved. And that He is always going to give me what I need.
I am blessed. I am happy.
![]() |
| http://avodahcoffee.com/2012/06/my-cup-overflows/ |

No comments:
Post a Comment